Driveway Encroachment

The Building Permit application sheet includes a mandatory section pertaining to the driveway encroachments permit that must be completed by the Department of Public Works before a building permit can be issued. The applicant will need to visit or contact the Public Works Department to determine if a permit is needed.

Permits are not required if your driveway will be constructed on a non-county-maintained road. The Department will sign off on the building permit application as "Encroachment Permit Not Required".

Encroachment permits are required for the following on CSA or County-maintained roads, streets, highways, and easements.