Note: All Branches of the Lake County Library are open for in-person services. Masks are strongly recommended but not required to enter the library. Contactless service remains available.
The Lake County Library closed to the public on March 17, 2020, due to the Shelter in Place order and to assist community efforts in limiting the spread of COVID-19. On June 2, 2020, the library began offering contactless pickup. Starting June 23, 2020, the library started offering Grab & Go in-person library services.
On January 19, 2021, the Board of Supervisors took action to protect staff and services by closing in-person services. Contactless Pickup remained available.
Due to the change in the statewide COVID-19 tier status starting Tuesday, March 23, 2021, all branches of the Lake County Library opened for browsing, computer access, and checkout of materials.
On Tuesday, June 15, 2021, In accordance with the state of California, masks and social distancing were no longer required for vaccinated individuals inside our library branches.
On August 3, 2021, due to the rise in cases and the delta variant, the Board of Supervisors passed ordinance 3108 requiring all who enter county facilities to wear a mask. The County of Lake public health officer still strongly recommends that residents wear masks indoors.
On March 8, 2022, due to the Board of Supervisors rescinding Ordinance 3108 and Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-5-22 suspending the regulatory obligation under the Cal/OSHA ETS, staff and visitors to the library are no longer required to wear a mask. At that time The County of Lake public health officer still strongly recommended that residents wear masks indoors.
All due dates and library hold expiration dates had been extended until June 2020 and fines were waived due to a quarantine period. Since CDC guidance regarding the spread of the virus on surfaces has changed, beginning May 18, 2021, Library fines are no longer being waived and items are now checked in within one business day of being returned, either inside the library or external book drops.
We are continuing to comply with guidelines set forth by the State of California and in coordination with local health officials regarding slowing the spread of the virus.
The Library will be following the County of Lake Worksite Prevention Protocol to keep staff safe.
The library would also like to remind the public that you can access our digital collections online with your library card without the need to visit our local branch. You can access eBooks, audiobooks, movies, music, magazines, and craft classes from any location on our website. Library staff will be available by phone during our normal operating hours to assist with using our digital resources.
Thank you for your continued support as we all work together to keep our community healthy and safe.
For More Information About Covid-19 (Coronavirus)
- Posted March 17, 2020 - Board of supervisors approves the closure of libraries to the public due to COVID-19.
- Updated March 19, 2020 - to extend the date of closure due to Shelter in Place order.
- Updated April 3, 2020 - to remove the date of opening date due to the Shelter in Place order extension.
- Updated May 26, 2020 - to indicate patrons may now use external bookdrops to return items.
- Updated May 29, 2020 - to provide information about contactless pickup and the worksite prevention protocol.
- Updated June 19, 2020 - to provide information about the opening of the in-person library service.
- Updated July 20, 2020 - to change the quarantine period for library materials from 72 hours to 96 hours based on updated testing conducted by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Updated August 18, 2020 - to change the quarantine period for library materials from 96 hours to 120 hours based on updated testing conducted by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Updated November 9, 2020 - to change the quarantine period for library materials from 120 hours to 72 hours following guidelines for libraries from the American Industrial Hygiene Association.
- Updated January 19, 2021 - to reflect in-person service closure due to action by the Board of Supervisors in response to the worsening pandemic.
- Updated March 20, 2021 - to indicate the date for the library to provide in-person services on March 23, 2021.
- Updated June 15, 2021 - to indicate the new State guidance regarding masking and social distancing.
- Updated August 3, 2021 - to indicate the County of Lake Board of Supervisors ordinance regarding masking.
- Updated August 31, 2021 - to indicate the exact date that the waiver of fines ended.
- Updated March 8, 2022 - to update masking requirements after action taken by the Board of Supervisors removed the requirement to wear masks in County facilities.