Deputy Marriage Commissioner

Do you have a friend or family member whom you would like to have perform at your marriage ceremony? If so, we may be able to assist you. 

Pursuant to sections 401 (a) and (b) of the California Family Code, the County Clerk, who is designated as the Commissioner of Civil Marriages for Lake County, may at her discretion appoint Deputy Marriage Commissioners to perform civil marriage ceremonies.

Prior to the marriage ceremony, the parties must purchase a marriage license, and the following conditions must be met by the person requesting an appointment as a Deputy Marriage Commissioner for a Day:

  • Be at least 18 years of age
  • Fill out the Deputy Commissioner for a Day Application and sign that you have read and understood the Deputy Commissioner for a Day Instructions
  • File the completed forms with the Lake County Clerk
  • Provide a valid photo I.D. at the time of filing
  • Pay the $68 fee in order to be deputized

Related Documents